donderdag 21 november 2013

Bennett in New York: I vehemently oppose a Palestinian state


Economy and Trade Minister Naftali Bennett had a question for the 11 protesters from the anti-occupation group “All That’s Left,” who showed up to greet him outside the 92nd Street Y for his talk with author Dan Senor on Sunday evening.

Bennett pulled a small coin out of his pocket and showed it the audience saying it was from the year 66 and had the words “Freedom of Zion” written in Hebrew on it.

“I’m holding a physical coin that was found outside the Green Line, in what’s called the ‘occupied territories,’ where two Jews were probably doing business, speaking the same Hebrew I speak today, living in the same place where I work today, and they’re my direct ancestors,” he said.


“Now you tell me, can I occupy my own home?” At this, the very supportive but half-full auditorium burst into applause.

Bennett dug briefly into the peace process, and said that even though Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu’s government was founded on the basis of reaching a peace settlement, he (Bennett) still opposes the creation of a Palestinian state. “Netanyahu is very focused on moving forward toward founding a Palestinian state in the Land of Israel, and I vehemently oppose it,” he said. “Yet I realize that his government is founded on this basis, and I joined the government.”

Bennett then gave voice to the thought bubble hanging over everyone’s heads: “I don’t think there’s much chance these negotiations will bring about peace,” he said. “I don’t think they’re going to reach a deal and neither does anyone else, neither the Palestinians nor the Israelis.”

Read More: jerusalempost

Lees: Bennett in New York: ‘Ik verzet mij uit alle macht tegen de oprichting van een Palestijnse staat’

EN WIJ OOK / AND WE TOO !!!