woensdag 23 maart 2011

Gene Simmons: Israel boycotters are fools/idiots











Gene Simmons has criticised musicians who boycott Israel. The Kiss bassist said those who refused to perform in Israel for political reasons were “fools” and "idiots".


Mr Simmons, whose mother was an Auschwitz survivor, was born in Haifa in 1949 as Chaim Witz.

He made the comments while in Jerusalem to film scenes for his reality show, the Gene Simmons Family Jewels.

The rocker, known for his outspoken remarks, said returning to Israel for the first time since he left as an eight-year-old was a “homecoming”.

He added: "I'm Israeli. I'm a stranger in America. I'm an outsider.

"I was born here and I'm proud of it."

Source: TheJC.com

Read also: Kiss rocker Gene Simmons back in Israel after 51 years

Lead singer of Kiss Gene Simmons slams Israel boycotters

Musician Gene Simmons during an interview with The Associated Press in Jerusalem, Tuesday, March 22, 2011. Photo by: AP