zondag 18 oktober 2009

Visionaire toespraak Zionist Ze'ev Jabotinsky 1938
























In het Engels:

From a speech in Warsaw on the Ninth of Ab 5938 (1938)

For three years I keep addressing you, Jews of Poland, the Crown of
World Jewry. I keep warning you time and again that the catastrophe is
approaching. My hair has turned white and I grew old during all those years, because my heart is bleeding for you, dear brethren and sisters, for not seeing that the volcano is about to erupt and spit the fire of destruction. I foresee a terrible vision; there is no much time left to save your life. I know: you are too preoccupied and busy with your daily concerns to see it.

Listen to my words on the very last moment: For heaven’s sake! Save your lives, every one of you, as long as there is time – and time is short!

And another thing I would like to tell you on this day, the Ninth of Ab:
Those who will run away from this catastrophe will have the privilege to live and see this festive moment of great Jewish Joy – the rebirth and revival of a Jewish State. I do not know if I will live to see it, but my son will! I believe in this as strongly as I believe that tomorrow the sun will rise. It is my strongest belief.


Zev Jabotinsky - Betar Zionism Irgun Lechi Jewish patriot:



Zeev Jabotinsky lectures in Paris in 1934:



Zeev Jabotinsky at establishment of Jewish Legion 1918:



Bron: http://www.jabotinsky.org/
Ned. vert. met dank aan: M.H.